We're looking for a React Engineer to be part of the remote team that Mos is building. The person in this role will build, innovate, and maintain our systems as we continue to grow and scale.
We are looking for a smart individual contributor who either (A) is a magician/wizard, or (B) gets stuff done the ol’ fashioned way, potentially with caffeine gum and a mercurial attitude, or else tea, meditation, and smiles. You’ll work under the direct guidance of the CTO and interact with our CEO, Chief Policy Officer, designers and engineers.
This is a remote position.
You need to share our passion for using technology to remove barriers to higher education and want to join a company with a strong moral compass. You’ll also share our obsession with customer satisfaction and continually improving how we serve our users.
You are open-minded, a team player, and empathetic. You strive for excellence, while also staying humble. You think everyone deserves better public services and you have a holistic approach to problems and their solutions. You will be joining a startup and you will work tirelessly to make it grow fast.
As a React Engineer you will:
- Build easy to use, innovative and responsive web apps
- Participate in the design, development and implementation of complex applications using new technologies and best practices
- Participation in design and architecture meetings
- Developing code that promotes the longevity and sustainability of a fast-growing user base, both web and mobile,
- Collaborate effectively and communicate effectively within our team
Some things we consider critical to being a React Engineer:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Progressive web-app design and development using React/Redux
- Familiarity with UX fundamentals
- Understanding of Responsive Web and Mobile design principles
- Ability to create testable, maintainable and efficient code with a mastery of Git and understanding of working within CI/CD agile development process
As a React Engineer we would appreciate if you have:
- Experience with backend engineering and microservices architecture
- Experience with AWS and its services (Cognito, API Gateway, CloudSearch etc.)
How to apply:
Click "Apply now" or send us an email: email@example.com
More about Mos:
Mos is a startup that took one look at how students apply for financial aid to pay for college and said: “Bah, what!?”
Every year, far too many students take out ugly amounts of debt to pay for their education. Billions of dollars of grant and scholarship aid are out there that students don’t have to pay back, but nearly half of all high school seniors who qualify for aid don’t fill out the application!
So Mos redesigned the application process from the ground up to make it intuitive, efficient, and empathetic. From confusing and one-size-fits-none to simple and fully-customized-for-you. Our users are high school seniors, parents, part-time and full-time students, army brats, foster kids, over under and sideways-achievers from all over the country. Today we help them access over $135 billion of federal and state financial aid through a single application and we are counting on doing more.
It's a small, highly motivated team obsessed with killing bureaucracy.
You can read more about Mos here: https://techcrunch.com/2019/04/08/human-rights-activist-amira-yahyaoui-is-battling-the-us-college-financial-aid-system/