On the project
Our client is a a data tech company operating a fully integrated management system delivering software solutions to leaders of the global food industry. Our product is an end to end food tech platform with data science capability. Its company headquarters are located in New York and we are happy to be a globally distributed team with employees in the United States, Portugal, the United Kingdom and Argentina.
The company offers:
About the position
- 100% Agile, 100% Remote
- Make a meaningful product with a big purpose to support healthy eating and to reduce waste
- Professional growth in a small team of really skilled, really nice folks
We are looking for a self-managed PHP Backend Engineer to help us improve our platform and build APIs leveraged by our web, mobile apps and third party services. Our team believes that software can be beautiful, powerful and easy to use. Do you love APIs, open source philosophy and following coding best practices? So do we!
Join our team of amazing developers that are disrupting the Food software industry, one line of code at a time.
- Implement scalable user-friendly features that can handle growth.
- Collaborate with experienced software engineers in the design, development, review and maintenance stages of the platform.
- Collaborate with our experienced product and support team to understand customer’s needs to enhance usability and resolve technical issues.
- Work well in a agile development environment, shipping code through the dev/stage/prod release cycle. Solve technical challenges and put your skills to test every day.
On the role
- Software engineering background with experience in Object Oriented programing and Service Oriented Architecture. PHP programming skills focus on code quality: reliable, reusable, efficient and secure.
- Familiarity with Laravel framework; a solid understanding of Laravel and the Model View Controller Design Pattern. A good understanding of Laravel Homestead development environment would be an aid to success.
- Some experience in use of Postman API development considered a plus.
- Experience working with MySQL and MongoDB (Apache Spark, a plus)
- Perform well working remotely as part of a team as well as independently.
- This role is 100% remote
- This is a full-time role
- It is an indefinite duration contract, to create a long-lasting relationship with the team
- It includes 2 weeks paid vacations
- Stock options and performance bonuses included