About the position
As a Senior/Mid Full-Stack Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining our platform to ensure it's scalable, reliable, and user-friendly. You will collaborate with our experienced software engineers to write maintainable and well-tested code that adheres to best practices and industry standards. We are deeply invested in the Rails’ path. You will work closely with our product and support teams to understand customer needs and resolve technical issues.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing and implementing new features for the platform, with a focus on scalability and maintainability.
- Collaborating with the software engineering team to ensure code quality and adherence to best practices.
- Writing well-tested code to ensure high-quality, reliable software.
- Collaborating with the product and support teams to understand customer needs and resolve technical issues.
- Working in an agile development environment to ship code through the dev/stage/prod release cycle.
On the role:
- Software engineering background with experience in Object Oriented programing. Focus on code quality: reliable, reusable, efficient and secure.
- 3+ real development Experience with Ruby on Rails framework; a solid understanding of the MVC Design Pattern.
- Proficiency on HTML and CSS markup (We use TailwindCSS and experience in a plus).
- Experience integrating and consuming external APIs
- Experience working with PostgreSQL and Redis. Knowledge of Elasticsearch query syntax is a plus.
- Experience with other technologies from our stack such as: Sidekiq, Redis, Heroku, Cloudflare, AWS, Google’s APIs, and many more are a plus.
- Working experience with Minitest/Rspec, Capybara and methodologies such as TDD and a full understanding of Unit tests & Integration tests.
- Be fearless about learning new technologies and developing new patterns to be applied.
- Perform well working remotely as part of a team as well as independently.
- Able to communicate effectively, manage time well, and collaborate with team members
- Ability to communicate in English both oral and written is an important plus.
- This role is 100% remote.
- This is a full-time role with an indefinite duration contract.
- Contractor agreement in USD.
- At Mylance, we understand the importance of work/life balance, which is why we offer our team members a flexible vacation policy.